Sunday, May 10, 2015

End of my Blogging Career 4th of July Brownies

So, it has been 2 and 1/2 weeks since I started on this diet thing of mine, and the sugar cravings have all gone away, just as my mom promised they would (isn't that crazy, my mom was right!), but we have a problem. I said that I would keep posting sugary things until my sugar cravings were gone, and they are, but I thought that these 4th of July brownies were very characteristic of a 'last post of ever' post. We have been given a prompt to write about in this last post, so that is what I am going to do, but if you are only on this page for the recipe, then just go on ahead and read the recipe, I won't be insulted that you don't care enough to read what I have to say. So, now that I have gotten rid of all the readers who don't care about what I have to say (lame-os!) So, now to more important things, how have I changed throughout this school year. I think that I have grown a little bit taller, naturally, but I used to be way short, and now I am much more average height, which is a good change. I have also gotten much faster at track, my mile time having improved from a 6:47 minute mile, to a, wait for it, 5:51 mile! I am actually pretty proud of myself for it. Apart from obvious changes like height and those sort of things, I have also matured a lot this past year. I have made some really great friends which was hard to do since I only moved here a couple years ago and finding good friends in a new place is always hard. I think that I can happily say that I have matured as a person through this last year, and although it sounds very cheesy, I really think it is true. Now, enough of this gooey, 'maturing as a person' stuff, and on to the delicious part of the post, the brownie from Betty Crocker.

Ingredients:

1 box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie box
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 1/3 cups halved fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

Method:

Heat oven to 350ºF.
Grease or spray bottom only of 12-inch pizza pan.
Make brownies as directed on the box.
Spread in pan.
Bake 20 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean.
Cool completely.
In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth and creamy.
Fold in whipped topping; spread on brownie.
Arrange berries over cream mixture.
Refrigerate 1 hour.
Store covered in refrigerator.

Image curtesy of Garnish and Glaze

1 comment: