Saturday, May 2, 2015

Chocolate-y Chocolate Mint Bars

So, as promised last week, I have another beautifully sugary dessert her for you. Since I have not made it, I have obviously not tasted it because of my 'not eating any sugar' thing, so you will have to make your own judgement on this one, but I have a little hunch that it might just taste kinda good. I once made mint brownies that were the best things I have ever eaten in my life (wow, I think I say that kind of a lot...) at my friend Morgan's house, and she looooves to bake delicious desserts. We once made Cake Pops, best baked good I've ever had in my life (there I go again, over exaggerating, but only by a little), and another time we made magdalenas, but that was for a spanish project, and I kinda ruined all of them by dropping the tray of them when we were putting them in the oven (maybe I should not be a chef...). And that is my story of why I think you will love these Chocolate Mint Bars from My Recipes.

Ingredients:

For the bottom layer:

4 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, beaten
1 (16-ounce) can chocolate syrup
Cooking spray

For the mint layer:

2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 drops green food coloring

For the glaze:

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter

Method:

Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
To prepare bottom layer, weigh or lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup; level with a knife.
Combine flour and salt; stir with a whisk.
Combine granulated sugar, egg substitute, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons water. vanilla, eggs. and chocolate syrup in a medium bowl; stir until smooth.
Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring until blended.
Pour batter into a 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350º for 23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.

To prepare the mint layer, combine powdered sugar, 1/ 4cup melted butter, and next 3 ingredients (through food coloring) in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer until smooth.
Spread mint mixture over cooled cake.

To prepare glaze, combine chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Let stand 2 minutes.
Spread chocolate mixture evenly over top.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cut into 20 pieces and enjoy!

Image curtesy of Very Best Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment